Thursday 23 January 2014

Penguins and Minnisotans

First, it's summer! The lovely beautiful heat washes over me and I stand there, in the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, just feeling that this is what Paradise was like.

I'll skip the plant lists. 

Lunch was a hoot, because the Replacement Hat blew off my head four times during it. We were at the "Moyo" where I had the fillet steak and Ray had the oxtail in a miniature potjke, which looks like a witches couldron. 

I am thankful for the wind, because it kept the temperature down to around 24c...

The Replacement Hat was purchased in The Little Shop at the Botanical Gardens, because the Original Hat stayed in the Hotel Room, for reasons best known to itself. 

The rest if the day is best shown in pictures:










Oh! I almost forgot - We met the Minnisotans at dinner here in The Doubletree Hilton. We had a wonderful time swapping stories. So this is what is great about getting away from you all - telling the same old stories to people who have never heard them before. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment